Tuesday 27 May 2014

Important Announcement.

Hi guys,
This is Saffy's sister Lily here. I wanted to create this post to just touch on a few important things. 
Saffron was my sister's pen name, but I will refer to her as Saffy here so you don't get confused. She was born on 18th October 1993. She died just over a month ago, on 25th April at 9pm. She had a horrible type of breast cancer that was not responding to treatment. She fell down three flights of stairs at her work.

During her treatment, she had still gone to work, and she didn't tell anybody about her breast cancer (including me) other than a few of her best blogging friends until the end, when she made this video.

She was a beautiful woman, sister and friend both on the inside and outside. One of the last things she said to me was to tell her friends on her blog about her death. And it is because she was so kind and loving, that I have been trying to fulfil her bucket list, as a tribute to her. 

Her funeral was just the other week. She shouldn't have been there. She was 21 and had just been ripped from this world too early. If you are reading this and you read her blog, I would really appreciate a comment, not on my poor blogging skills, but about my sister. 

In one of her last days she was talking to +Laurie M from themakeupsquid.com. They were talking and a stranger, who I don't think knew either of them, butted in on their conversation. He told her that eating boiled eggs can stop breast cancer. For my sister, who had been told that day that she only had a 27% chance of survival, which had gone down from 33%, it was the final straw. She snapped. She was obviously upset and told this guy that she had eaten boiled eggs and here she was, about to die. Now, Laurie, who was part of this conversation, made a YouTube video on her channel here, where she talks about what happened. What she didn't say, because none of you knew, is that this was the day that Saffy rang me up and told me about the blog, the cancer and the guy. So in a way, thank you to that strange man, because otherwise I may not have found out until it was too late.



Saffy wanted her blog to continue, she asked me to do some posts from drafts she had started. I wanted to know what you guys thought of this. Her bucket list was this, a tweet from each of her favourite musicians. @JackAllTimeLow, @AlexAllTimeLow and @PierceTheVic. 


I want to extend thanks to anyone who supported her through that terrible time and who was so kind after her death. And if this is the last post because I am hanging up my sisters blogging shoes, then I am so sorry and would like to thank each and every one of you.

And, if anyone of you are kind enough to tweet any of these people or you tweet about my sister, let me know so I can thank you properly. 

Lily.
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment