Tuesday 29 October 2013

Rimmel Lasting Finish Colour Rush Intense Colour Balm Review

Hi guys,
So I recently bought the new Rimmel Lasting Finish Colour Rush Colour Balm. It is Rimmel's dip into the chunky lipstick/balm market that has grown so big. It costs £5.99 from most Rimmel beauty selling stores.

Initial application seems easy. First thoughts are that despite the very thick 'stick' it is easy to apply. It feels like a lipstick now. The colour is gorgeous and very pigmented. It reminds me of Rimmel's Moisture Renew Lipstick in Vintage Pink, which I also own.

This is the initial texture and I haven't made it as strong as it could be.

You get a lot in one of these tubes

I have had this for about a week, been using this every day and you can barely tell that I have started it!

After a couple of hours, you cannot feel it on your lips any more however the colour is still super vibrant. 

I tried testing it on my hand and after scrubbing it with a tissue for about 30secs, it still looked like this:

So this stuff has great staying power!

I think it is more like a stain/lipstick than a balm to be honest!


Beauty Report:

Value: 
9/10 You get a lot there and it's only £5.99

Packaging:
8/10 Each one looks like the shade and feels sturdy. Hardly any info and what is there is very small.

Pigmentation:
10/10 Very pigmented and lasts for a very long time.

Texture:
8/10 Feels great and luxurious at first but disappears, making your lips feel bare, even when they are not.

Colour range:
9/10 Great colour selections, from red to my vintage-y pink colour to nudes, to pinky nudes (just putting that out there +Shalunya TheChronicBeauty!). I would also buy the red (named The Redder the Better) and the pale pink (named Give Me A Cuddle) and that's all you really need.

Lasting power:
10/10 This lasts all day. And then you have to remove it with makeup remover or whatever!

Total:
54/60!!

I would definitely buy this again and experiment with the other colours. 

Leave me a comment (please sooomeeonneeeee!!) , a like or find me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/SaffronLallem

See you soon 
Saffy








No comments:

Post a Comment